Totally New Year!
“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” Calvin Coolidge, 1872.
Happy and Healthy New Year! Thanks to all of you for making 2007 so much fun. So many of you have gone through some real metamorphoses this year. Congrats on all of the improvements and the amazing things you have accomplished. From weightloss, to pullups and pushups, to new PRs, to engagements and new careers, you all have something to be thankful for and deserve a pat on the back and a moment of recognition. Let’s resolve to be persistent and determined in our pursuit of achieving elite fitness in the gym and living inspiring lives out of the gym.
Here are some notes for January and answers to popular questions:
* The Box will be closed today, Jan. 1, but will reopen tomorrow.
* Elements classes will be starting Thursday, January 3 at 6pm, and Friday, January 4 at 7:30pm.
* Many of you have asked about prepaying for the year. Yes, give us your money. We are coming up with a yearly payment option.
* We are in the process of implementing a new billing and tracking system and will unveil that soon. That means in the next few weeks we will stop using PayPal. This is a long overdue administrative process that will smooth out things on our end and make life at the Box better for everyone.
* February we will be raising the price of membership. We will be grandfathering in members that lock in during January. Current members should not feel burdened by this. However, going forward we need our prices to reflect the costs of running a gym in New York City. More details to follow.
* Negotiations regarding the new space went black during the holidays but will resume shortly. In any event, we will be out of the current space by the end of March. Stay tuned.
* Josh is planning a meeting with potential investors. Stay on him about that.
When we come back to the gym Wednesday it’s CFT again!
Back squat, 1 rep
Shoulder Press, 1 rep
Deadlift, 1 rep
Post total to comments.
Compare to 071226.