Let’s talk paleo FITNESS!
Not only are we in the midst of our 30-day Black Box Paleo Challenge (Day 18 to be exact), but CFNYC is hosting a Paleo Fitness talk (given by Josh Newman and me, Allison Bojarski) this Saturday, January 22nd, from 2-4pm. It is FREE for MEMBERS of CFNYC. (If you’re not a member, you may attend by RSVPing here and paying the $5 admission fee. If you ARE a member, please email me at allisonATcrossfitnycDOTcom so that I may get an accurate head count.)
A few details about the talk:
- What is fitness? What is health?
- Were hunter-gatherers physically fit? Were they healthy?
- How can we be fit and healthy?
Josh & Allison will also demonstrate useful exercises, and attendees will be free to participate. The event will take place at CrossFit NYC. The talk will not be focused on CrossFit, per se — but on fitness and paleo specifically.
BLACK BOX WOD (current skill: the jerk):
Post loads to comments.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOE W.!
Day 18 of the BLACK BOX 30-DAY PALEO CHALLENGE–LINKS:
“Everybody eats bacon but nobody wants to stab the pig.”
Great review of Eating Animals
Does dietary saturated fat increase blood cholesterol? An informal review of observational studies
Sophie is not only organizing the Friday Night Faceoff, she’s now also interviewing its participants. Let’s start with Craig!
1. how long have you been a crossfitter? 4 years in April
2. have you ever been in a competition? Yes, the Hoboken Challenge & Hybrid Challenge.
3. why do you like to compete? It’s Crossfit. Kind of what it’s about. Against yourself or someone else.
4. what is your best/worst expereince in a competition? Coming in 3rd @ the Hybrid Challenge after being injured was pretty good.
5. who poses the biggest threat in the faceoff? Probably Jim. He’s always been really fast w/ good cardio, but he’s gotten a lot stronger. Showed that last week [at the CAINgames].
6. what type of movements do you want to see? Any movement. Maybe heavier OHS. Legit L-pull-ups would be interesting too
7. what type of movements do you not want to see? I could do w/o DUs or running, especially running
8. what is your best workout? Don’t know. I like things w/ deadlifts. My favorite WOD might be “Diane.”
9. what is your worst workout? Anything that involves running more than 400m increments or a lot of running in general.
10. do you do anything special to prepare for a competition? I hadn’t in the past, but have gotten more conscious about diet, mobility & rest
11. what type of music do you like to hear while you work out? Generally nothing but Ramstein is good…nice & angry but you can’t understand the words
12. who will be the sweatiest competitor? Might be a tie btwn Mishik & me. He’ll probably win
13. who will be the best dressed? [Me] Obviously. People love my shirts
14. anything else we should know? Not at this time