(Very) Cool Runnings
Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
Rest 2 minutes
Post time to comments.
Compare to 070218.
BLACK BOX EVENTS:
Friday Night Faceoff: Jan 28th, 7:00pm, FREE!
DAY 24 of the BLACK BOX 30-DAY PALEO CHALLENGE–LINKS:
Local-food resources: Local Harvest / Eat Well Guide / Eat Wild
Steak in the sauna
Paleo kitchen: The method behind my madness
The warrior gene
The case against Lance Armstrong
R.I.P, Jack LaLanne
HAPPY BIRTHDAYS to DAN T. and RONICA!
Just another Saturday afternoon for today’s interviewee, Mike “Maniac” Mishik:
Our next interview is with Friday Night Faceoff competitor Mike Mishik:
1. how long have you been a crossfitter? 2 years
2. have you ever been in a competition? Crossfit215′s Winter Throwdown, 2010 winter hybrid challenge, 2010 summer hybrid challenge, 2010 sectionals, 2010 affiliate regionals, Crossfit Hoboken winter challenge
3. Why do you like to train? Competing gives me a great opportunity to put into practice everything I do in the gym everyday. They’re my benchmarks to see what I need to do to get better at and what I’m doing well at already.
4. what is your best/worst experience in a competition? Best and worst happen to be in the same event at Hybrid Challenge, event was Farmer’s Carry 210# in each hand 50 feet, 7 hspu, farmers carry back 50 ft, 7 box jumps amrap in 7 mins. Well best part was being able to carry those 420# the first 50 ft. Worst was not being able to pick it up again.
5. who poses the biggest threat in the face-off? Sara…did you see those butterfly pull ups, those things aint no joke!
6. what type of movements do you want to see? HSPU, Double unders, burpees
7. what type of movements do you not want to see? Forward Rolls
8. what is your best workout? Grace or Annie
9. what is your worst workout? Isabel
10. do you do anything special to prepare for a competition?Cycle of Roids month prior to showtime
11. what type of music do you like to hear while you work out?Either someone yelling at me or weights being thrown around
12. who will be the sweatiest competitor? DUH HAHA…great question Sophie
13. who will be the best dressed? Christine or Jim, def not me or Craig
14. anything else? I swam and played water polo in college…if there’s a swimming event, this show is over.