Bring a (digital) watch!
Ten rounds, each for time of:
115 pound Thruster, 5 reps
100 meter Sprint
Rest 1 minute
Post fastest and slowest rounds to comments.
U.S. Army Captain Jason Holbrook, 28, of Burnet, Texas, assigned to 1st Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne), based out of Fort Bragg, North Carolina, was killed on July 29th, 2010 in Tsagay, Afghanistan when insurgents attacked his vehicle with an improvhttp://www.crossfitnyc.com/wp-admin/link-manager.phpised explosive device. He is survived by his wife Heather Holbrook and his parents Joan and James Holbrook.
Logistics note for today’s workout, courtesy of Hari:The way to time this WOD is to bring your own watch. Start at 0:00. Look at the watch at the end of the first round and write down the time (e.g. 0:55), then immediately write down the time 1 minute later (e.g., 1:55) which will be when you start the second round. So, your time sheet will looks something like this:
(0:00, 0:55) (1:55, 2:57) (3:57, 5:03) etc.
Then, when you’re done, calculate the time for each round. Using the above example:
0:55, 1:02, 1:06, . . . .
Here’s our final competitor interview for tomorrow night’s Friday Night Faceoff: Coach Sara Carr.
1. how long have you been a crossfitter? close to two years
2. have you ever been in a competition? yes… I was on the affiliate team for the CrossFit games in 2009, I did two Hybrid Strongman competitions, the in-house team competition at Brooklyn, placed 4th at NY/NJ sectionals last year, Regionals last year, and the CAINgames.
3. why do you like to compete? I like to see how I measure up against other CrossFitters.
4. what is your best/worst experience in a competition? Best–the chipper at last year’s sectionals and beating Mishik in double-unders at sectionals. Worst–my first Hybrid competition in which I couldn’t do half the movements.
5. who poses the biggest threat in the faceoff? Everyone! Brett is super strong, Craig and Mike K. are strong and fast, Alex is the unknown, Mishik has crazy good metcons, Jim is ridiculously good at almost everything as long as he doesn’t quit half way through the WOD, and Christine is wicked with a barbell.
6. what type of movements do you want to see? anything but running
7. what type of movements do you not want to see? running and I’d rather not see super heavy stuff
8. what is your best workout? I do well with heavier chippers
9. what is your worst workout? 5k run
10. do you do anything special to prepare for a competition? sleep
11. what type of music do you like to hear while you work out? hip hop/rap
12. who will be the sweatiest competitor? Mishik usually has a lake surrounding him after his wods…
13. who will be the best dressed? Jim will have the best socks, Craig will have the best shirt