A. Skill: Turkish Get-Ups
B. WOD: “Nasty Girls”
Three Rounds For Time:
7 Muscle-Ups (Post Elements: 21 Pull-Ups, 21 Dips)
10 Hang Power Cleans 135#/95# (Post Elements 95#/65#)
1) Is this your first Fight Gone Bad fundraiser? Sure is.
2) Any guess as to how many times you’ve done FGB, the WOD? Haha–probably 3 or 4. My first beginners/free class I took at Crossfit Dallas Central was a version of FGB. I fell in love…so I guess we can all blame FGB for turning me into a CrossFit addict.
3) What’s your most favorite/least favorite movements in this WOD? Least fave: the row. Definitely the row. Most favorite: box jumps.
4) Which will be more impressive: how much money you raised or how high your score is? I have a goal for both. obviously the part that matters is the donation…but i still want to beat my PR [editor's note: Will's previous best: 340ish, he's now aiming for a score of 400].
5) Why are you participating and why should others? Its funny–I get invited to participate in the “walk for the cure of _______” or the mud runs that support this or that charity…and I never give them a second glance, and then something like Fight Gone Bad comes up and I feel compelled.
As crossfitters, we honor our fallen soldiers with benchmark hero WODs but past that…what do we do? My dad was in the US Army and then reserves since I was born and he fought in the Gulf War…it was a scary time for my family. FGB is the perfect way to salute the soldiers who fight every day for us. And, especially with the charities this year [Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Camp Patriot], you know that the money raised will help the families of the fallen and give joy to the veterans.
I might not be the fittest one doing his workout…or the fastest…but I am determined to fight my hardest. Its the least I could do, right?
* * * * *
Thanks again to Will for the interview. If you can’t participate in FGB6, please donate to one of our participants, such as Will. The picture above is Will and his dad back in 1988–that’s not Will in a fake mustache from last Halloween! If you’re signed up to do FGB6 at CFNYC and would like to be featured on the blog, email me at allisonATcrossfitnycDOTcom.
We’ll also have a full report on the Park WOD shenanigans on Sunday, courtesy of Will and a few of the participants…stay tuned to the blog for the whole story!
* * * * *
Here’s what’s on tap for Tuesday’s WOD classes:
A: Back Squats 5-5-5
B: Weighted Tabata Squats
C: 150 Situps for Time